Grilled Cauliflower Recipe
This amazing Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower recipe is delivered to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
In my opinion, this Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower is that this ultimate keto and low carb cauliflower recipe!
Grilled to caramel-ly perfection, drizzled with a garlicky crema and topped with salty Cotija cheese, this is often Texas summertime keto food at its best!
I’ve never been a lover of “sweet” veggies like corn, carrots or sweet potatoes….I guess me and “sweet” were never meant to be!
actually, I remember telling people as a toddler that I used to be allergic to corn so I wasn’t forced to eat it!
That being said a couple of years ago at an area festival, I experienced Mexican Street Corn for the primary time and that I was forever crazy.
It wasn’t necessarily the corn but the mixture of the garlicky sauce,
the salty cheese and therefore the hint of sweetness and char from the corn that made this mix freakin’ unforgettable!
Needless to mention, low carb or keto lifestyle doesn’t include corn….but I had to return up with how to enjoy this Texas summertime staple…
so grilled cauliflower it is!
Well let me tell you, the maximum amount as I really like roasted cauliflower,
I’m unsure I’ll overlook it an equivalent way…and after one bite of grilled cauliflower creation…neither will you!
THIS SUPER EASY CAULIFLOWER RECIPE STARTS WIT
This Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower starts, well, with a fresh head of cauliflower!
I cut it up into florets otherwise you also can cut it into “steaks”. Now…let me just say that I find that cauliflower “steaks” tend to disintegrate, so I opted for the straightforward florets!
Since a number of my florets were a touch too small for the grill I put all of them into a foil pan, which figured out perfectly!
You get all the warmth and smoke from the grill and therefore the bottom of the pan does an excellent job an helping to caramelize the cauliflower!
WHAT MAKES THIS CAULIFLOWER RECIPE SO SPECIAL?
This easy garlicky crema and therefore the Cotija cheese is what makes this grilled cauliflower recipe straight over the top!
soured cream, mayo, some fresh lime, garlic, and a couple of spices create the foremost amazing sauce for this grilled cauliflower…
and topped with salty Cotija
This Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower is what summer flavors in Texas are all about! This easy cauliflower recipe is great for a BBQ or cookout side and excellent for entertaining! Quick, easy, low carb and keto…this one goes to become a go-to family favorite!
Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise your favorite
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Garnish: Chopped Cilantro
To cook the cauliflower:
- Preheat your grill to 375-400 degrees. Place the cauliflower florets into a disposable aluminum pan and season with salt, chili pepper, paprika, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place pan on the grill and cook/smoke for 30-35 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until cauliflower is tender and has started to char are caramelize.
- To cook your cauliflower in the oven: Bake at 400, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until tender and the florets start to get nice and golden brown!
To make the cream:
- Combine the mayo and the next 6 ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- After the cauliflower is done cooking, place the cauliflower on a platter or pan, drizzle with the cream and top with crumbled cotija cheese and garnish with chopped cilantro.
All nutrition information is approximate and will vary based on ingredients used.