TROPICAL SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This tropical smoothie recipe is a blend of mango, pineapple, banana and coconut milk, all mixed together to create a creamy and refreshing drink. The perfect breakfast or snack option that’s loaded with nutrients!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A TROPICAL SMOOTHIE?
This tropical smoothie recipe is a combination of mango, pineapple, banana, pineapple juice and coconut milk. Everything gets blended together until you have a smooth and creamy drink. Pour your drink into two glasses, add some fun garnishes, then enjoy.
TIPS FOR TROPICAL SMOOTHIES
- You can use refrigerated or canned pineapple juice for this recipe – either will work just fine.
- I typically use canned coconut milk, which is located in the ethnic foods aisle of most grocery stores. You can also use refrigerated coconut milk, but it may not have the same thick and rich texture as the canned variety.
- You can freeze your banana before you add it to the blender for an even thicker smoothie.
There are so many different ways you can change up this recipe to customize it to your tastes.
- Liquids: Instead of pineapple juice, try coconut water, mango nectar or pineapple-orange-banana juice.
- Fruit: You can add other fruits to the mix such as kiwi, papaya, or even strawberries.
- Add Ins: Give your smoothie a boost of nutrition by adding spinach, kale, protein powder, flax seeds or chia seeds.
ARE SMOOTHIES HEALTHY?
This tropical smoothie recipe contains a lot of fruit, and those types of fruit contain many healthy benefits. Pineapples contain Vitamin C and manganese, mangoes contain Vitamin A and folate, and bananas are rich with fiber and potassium. While there is no added sugar in this smoothie, fruits and fruit juices naturally contain a fair amount of sugar. If you’re watching your sugar intake, you’ll want to keep your smoothies to a reasonable portion size and refrain from consuming them every day. That all being said, a smoothie is a much healthier option than a different frozen treat such as ice cream.
Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk light
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- Optional garnishes: Maraschino cherries lime slices, mint sprigs, pineapple wedges
- Place the pineapple juice, coconut milk, banana, mango and pineapple in a blender; blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 glasses and add optional garnishes if desired. Serve immediately.